Badlands National Park

Badlands National Park

Sunday, August 21, 2011

This and that...

We've now made it through two whole weeks of kindergarten, and two weeks of getting into a brand new routine. There were some ups (her bear paw stayed on green every day!) and downs (one serious down in the form of a bad tantrum!), but we made it through. Ava also TWO loose tooth - her top front teeth, which should make for some awesome family pictures in October! I can't wait - I love that gapped-tooth look. I love almost every look on my kids, though, ya know...except the "I'm throwing a tantrum" look! Ava also figured out bike riding sans training wheels...so proud of her! This might be one of my favorite milestones so far. I told her it's easier to balance the faster she goes. It's hilarious watching her legs pump up and down like mad as she weaves all over the sidewalk trying to maintain her balance. Watching her little bum moving all over to keep balanced is toooooo funny! She needs to get a lot better before we can bike to school without her training wheels, though. I should figure out how to post a video here, because I did get some footage of her biking like a mad woman last weekend. I'll work on figuring that out...
Anna's doing great, too. She's crawling all over the place and getting. into. every. thing. I don't remember Ava getting into stuff like Anna does. Anna found the ONLY electrical socket that isn't covered and was totally playing with it. She wasn't sticking anything in it, just touching it and feeling it, but still. Ava never even gave the sockets a second look and certainly didn't bother playing with them. Anna seems to delight in sockets, toilet paper, shredding all paper, dog bowls, any object that she thinks she shouldn't play with immediately gets played with by Anna. She's getting better and better at cruising, too, which is walking while holding onto things for all you non-baby speaking folks. I think she'll walk before too long, but we'll see. I'm pretty sure she's getting her top teeth in (one's losing them as the other gains!), because she has big lumps on her gums, plus we haven't had a decent night's sleep in days, no matter how much Motrin and Tylenol we dope her up with. It's about time for her to have some teeth, though, because at nearly 10 months, she only has two bottom teeth that are maybe halfway in.
All right, I've babbled about the kids long enough, for this post. We're having friends over this evening, and I'm smelling the buffalo wing dip in the oven. Off to go eat some! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment